What is CEREC?CEREC uses CAD/CAM technology to allow our dentists to create beautiful porcelain fillings and crowns in just one appointment. Gone are the days of messy moulds, temporary crowns and a two week wait for the laboratory to make your crown.
What is involved?
The dentist uses a digital scanner (similar to a small camera) to record an optical impression of the tooth that requires treatment. The restoration is the custom designed by the dentist and the information transferred to the milling unit. From here, your restoration is milled from an individual block of porcelain- exactly as we designed on the computer. It is then bonded to the tooth, giving you a natural looking, long lasting restoration.
What are the benefits of CEREC?
- Strong, durable, long lasting fillings or crowns.
- No more messy moulds in your mouth.
- No two week wait for the laboratory to make your restoration, and therefore – no wearing an uncomfortable temporary for two weeks.
- Completely metal free and biocompatible.
- Only one appointment.
Do I need a CEREC Restoration?
CEREC technology can be used for restoring teeth in many different situations, including:
- When there has been significant tooth destruction from decay, previous fillings or wear.
- To restore cracked or fractured teeth.
- To replace a missing tooth.
- In the replacement of amalgam (mercury) fillings.
- For a patient who clenches or grinds their teeth and requires a strong, durable and lasting restoration.
For more information,
visit One Visit Dentistry