Healthy Teeth for 2014
We would love you to set some goals for your oral health in 2014, and here is a starting point. Resolve to do the following and you should be on your way to a tick of approval from your dentist:
1. BRUSH – The obvious first. Brush for a minimum of 2 minutes, twice per day. To cover all tooth surfaces properly it will take 2 minutes, whether using an electric toothbrush or a soft regular brush.
2. FLOSS daily – (not just before you next dental appointment). If you don’t floss daily you will put yourself at risk of interproximal cavities. The contact points between teeth cannot be reached by brushing alone- hence the need to floss.
3. LIMIT your intake of sticky, sugary foods and carbonated beverages. Drink water regularly and limit snacking. You will significantly reduce your risk for dental caries (cavities).
4. VISIT us for regular check-ups. We recommend 6 monthly visits. Prevention is always the best option.
5. If you notice a problem, DO NOT procrastinate- come in to have it assessed. When dental problems are left they will usually lead to more complex issues, often requiring more invasive and costly procedures.
For a dental assessment, please contact us on 9596 2092 or request an appointment by selecting the “Book an Appointment” tab on this website.
See you soon!